Guidelines for lodging complaints
- Complaint can be lodged only against officials belonging to the Medical Council of India.
- MCI does not entertain anonymous/pseudonymous complaints so please give your proper name and address.
- Complaints must be brief and contain factual details, verifiable facts and related matters. They should not be vague or contain absurd allegations and sweeping statements since these are liable to be filed.
- Please ensure that the complaint is addressed directly to the President or Chief Vigilance Officer of MCI.
- No correspondence shall be entertained on the subject after lodging the complaint.
- In case it is found that complaint was false and harassment of officials has been caused, action may be taken against the complainant.
- The complaint having vigilance angle shall only be examined. The vigilance angle comprises of misuse of official position, demand and acceptance of illegal gratification, cases of misappropriate/forgery or cheating, gross and willful negligence, blatant violation of laid down systems and procedures, reckless exercise of discretion, delay in processing the cases etc.